Football: Reeves transfers to College

|

May 29, 2013

Head coach Jimmye Laycock and his staff won’t begin the season until Aug. 31, when they travel to Morgantown to face West Virginia. That doesn’t mean the staff is on vacation, however. The program announced that redshirt sophomore Christian Reeves had transferred from Virginia Tech to the College, where he will enroll in classes this summer.

Coming out of high school, Rivals ranked Reeves as the No. 29 tight end in the country, while ESPN and Scout, Inc. ranked Reeves as the No. 35 tight end. Redshirting his freshman year, Reeves appeared in ten games as a Hokie last season.

Editor’s take: Following a season of dysfunctional offensive football, Laycock made the move to bring in highly touted offensive coordinator Kevin Rodgers. If the spring game was any indication, the offense still needs major improvement for a serious run at the Colonial Athletic Association conference title. Reeves adds a six-foot, three-inch, 210-pound target to a receiving corps in need of size. Whomever Laycock lines up behind center should be pleased with the addition. It’s another step in the right direction for a team looking to avoid another 2-9 campaign.

Men’s soccer: Tribe drops competitive contest against UNC
Cross Country: Women second, men fifth in six team fields at Tribe Invitational
Women’s Soccer: Tribe falls to 4-5 after starting season 4-0

Chris Weber

Senior staff writer Chris Weber '15 is an English major from Spotsylvania, Va. He was previously Sports Editor.