Lacrosse: Tribe falters on the road

**Tribe 8, Hofstra 10**

After ascending to no. 18, the Tribe (6-8, 2-2 CAA) fell to Hofstra University and Drexel University over the weekend.
Despite improving later in the game, the Tribe could not overcome an early deficit in its 10-8 loss to Hofstra.

Sophomore attacker Mary Zulty struck first for the Tribe, scoring off a solid feed from junior attacker Julia Martin. Following the score, the Pride put together six unanswered goals.

Hofstra began the second half with a quick score before senior attacker Jaime Sellers capitalized off a penalty to pull within four. The Pride rallied back, scoring four goals in four minutes to take their largest lead of the game at 10-2. The Pride’s speed allowed them to penetrate the College’s defense easily during the stretch.

Not willing to give up, the Tribe put together a run in the last 20 minutes, scoring six more goals. Junior midfielder Claire Dennis provided a pair of goals while Sellers tacked on another, but their efforts came up short.

“All season long we knew this stretch of conference games would be a long road, so we take one game at a time and go from there,” Head Coach Christine Halfpenny said.

**Tribe 6, Drexel 17**

Drexel’s intensity also proved too much for a tired Tribe Friday as the women suffered a 17-6 loss on the road.

The College opened strong as freshman attacker Maggie Anderson and freshman midfielder Grace Golden each notched a goal in the first three minutes. However, the Tribe’s lead was short-lived as the Dragons responded with seven straight goals to take a 7-2 lead. Sellers ended the run, attacking from the top of the crease and scoring with 7:20 remaining, Drexel closed the half with three goals to go up 10-3.

“They never stopped attacking on offense and had far more opportunities to score than we did,” Halfpenny said.

Reminiscent of the first half, the College began the second with two more goals before Drexel went on a 4-0 tear. The Dragons were able to capitalize on several captured draws during the period and outdrew the Tribe 17-7 for the game.

Following the run, Zulty added her second goal of the game to narrow the deficit to 14-6 with 11:22 remaining.

Drexel continued to pressure on offense, eventually out-shooting the Tribe 46-15 and tallying three more scores in the final minutes to upset the College.