Sports in Brief: April 15

**Tribe rewrites record book at Lou Onesty Invitational**

The Tribe picked up two all-time, top-10 performances at the Lou Onesty Invitational last weekend in Charlottesville. Sophomore Brandon Oliver started strong for the Tribe with a personal-best hammer throw of 162-6. The throw put him in the lead for the conference this season and eighth all-time for the Tribe. Junior Alex Heacock qualified for the IC4As with his personal-best javelin throw of 196-6, which places him at fifth all-time in the College’s record books. The Tribe also placed three runners in the top five of the 3,000-meter steeplechase. The College hosts the CAA Championship meet Friday and Saturday at Zable Stadium.

**Lemon, Guevel and Kazuba lead Tribe into CAA meet**

In its final meet before the CAA Championships, the College had a successful weekend at the Lou Onesty Invitational in Charlottesville. The Tribe showcased its strength, setting three new school records and earning four ECAC qualifiers. Junior Abby Lemon broke her own school record in the hammer throw as she claimed victory with an ECAC qualifying distance of 167-9. Meanwhile, freshman Katie Guevel picked up three top-10 finishes as she chalked up school records in both the 100-meter hurdles and 200-m dash. Her performances also qualified her for the ECAC Championships. Sophomore Nicole Kazuba solidified her pole-vaulting success with her fourth win of the season, clearing 12-5.5

**O’Brien ’07 plays for Ireland in Davis Cup**

Tribe tennis alum Colin O’Brien ’07 represented Ireland at this year’s Davis Cup. The three-time All-CAA performer was one of four players named to the Irish Davis Cup team. O’Brien, paired with countryman James Cluskey, faced the Moroccan team of Rabie Chaki and Reda El Amrani, only to fall in five sets. The duo competed in Group II, as Ireland fell to Morocco 2-1 overall. At the College from 2003-2007, O’Brien accumulated a 63-63 career singles record and a 70-70 career doubles ledger, playing most of his senior year on the Tribe’s top doubles team and as the top singles player. O’Brien helped lead the Tribe to its first CAA Championship in 15 years in 2005. O’Brien is ranked no. 875 in the world ATP doubles rankings.