Guest Commentary: Rain can’t stop Tribe faithful

Dear Tribe Faithful,

Last Saturday evening in Zable Stadium was a beautiful night for football — if you were wearing helmets and pads.  Beyond that, the constant rain could certainly have dampened the atmosphere.

I just wanted to take a moment to let the student body know how much our football program appreciated so many of you showing up early, being enthusiastic, and staying through the elements in the win over Rhode Island.

I wanted to assure you that our student athletes take great pride in representing William and Mary and your support is crucial to our success.  There is nothing that makes the game-day experience more exciting for players, fans and alumni than a strong student turnout.

Being a former student, and athlete, at the College, I realize the time commitment necessary to be successful academically on this campus, and I appreciate so many students making the time to be a part of the fun on a football Saturday.

Our players work very hard to ensure we are prepared to protect our home field, but we definitely gain an advantage when we are able to feed off the excitement and electricity our student sections provide.

I’ve always seen football Saturdays as being a great opportunity to bring the entire Tribe family together for a common cause.  Now, more than ever, we have so much to celebrate as members of this great and dynamic university.

We have four home games remaining on the schedule, and I sincerely hope you will continue to make time to come out and follow the action through the remainder of the season. The next home game comes in two weeks from this Saturday, when we host the University of Pennsylvania Saturday, Oct. 12, at 3:30 p.m. Additionally, Homecoming is coming up quickly, as we will see archrival James Madison come to campus Oct. 26.

Again, thank you for the continued support.  You truly have an impact on our success and are a big reason why Zable Stadium is such a special place for our community to gather on fall Saturdays.

Go Tribe!

¬¬Dear Tribe Faithful,¬¬

Go Tribe!