Barbara Ramsey embodies leadership on Williamsburg City Council

COURTESY PHOTO / WY DAILY

Barb Ramsey encompasses all of the qualities we could hope for in a Williamsburg City Council member.

I first met Barb at a Delta Delta Delta sorority event on campus where we immediately bonded over our mutual last name. While we figured out that there is no shared blood, we discovered many shared interests and passions. It was easy to keep up with Barb because she was frequently at College of William and Mary events – Homecoming, sporting events, Charter Day and even fitness classes at the Campus Recreation Center. Barb is as much a part of the College campus as any current student, professor or staff member.

“Barb is as much a part of the College campus as any current student, professor or staff member.”

Barb’s commitment to the College students and campus can be seen in her service and involvement. Before I graduated from the College last year, I served as Student Assembly’s Secretary for Health and Safety as a senior and my team resolved to improve the visibility around campus to reduce pedestrian safety issues. I reached out to Barb and she worked with the City Manager and Public Works Department to not only replace the street lights on Richmond Road, but also add two lighted crosswalks.

Our campus is better every day for Barb’s commitment to students at the College, and I am excited to see what she can do with another four years on the Williamsburg City Council.

Email Hailey Ramsey at haileycramsey@gmail.com.