Work in progress

|

November 10, 2014

For more pictures of the College of William and Mary under construction, check out our album on Facebook.

1920556_10152821020352290_1434086042028627337_n

Tyler Hall, while currently undergoing renovation, has yet to experience significant changes. Renovations have only just begun, but the building will be updated and have a cleaner look by the time construction ends. BAILEY KIRKPATRICK / THE FLAT HAT

This is the earliest stage of construction on the base of ISC 3. The large drill depicted is creating multiple holes in the ground, which will be filled with heavy material, using compression to pack the dirt together and create a strong base for the new building.  BAILEY KIRKPATRICK / THE FLAT HAT

This is the earliest stage of construction on the base of ISC 3. The large drill depicted is creating multiple holes in the ground, which will be filled with heavy material, using compression to pack the dirt together and create a strong base for the new building.
BAILEY KIRKPATRICK / THE FLAT HAT

This photo depicts Tyler Hall’s first floor lecture hall. Construction plans will flatten the classroom, install new desks, and update the hall's electrical appliances.

This photo depicts Tyler Hall’s first floor lecture hall. Construction plans will flatten the classroom, install new desks, and update the hall’s electrical appliances.

This photo shows the energy towers on the Earl Gregg Swem Library roof. Updates to the roof will make room for an additional tower to accommodate the new energy needs of the future ISC 3.  BAILEY KIRKPATRICK / THE FLAT HAT

This photo shows the energy towers on the Earl Gregg Swem Library roof. Updates to the roof will make room for an additional tower to accommodate the new energy needs of the future ISC 3.
BAILEY KIRKPATRICK / THE FLAT HAT

Construction lighting has been installed in the Chandler Hall hallways while crews renovate the interior walls.  BAILEY KIRKPATRICK / THE FLAT HAT

Construction lighting has been installed in the Chandler Hall hallways while crews renovate the interior walls.
BAILEY KIRKPATRICK / THE FLAT HAT

1533745_10152821021592290_8098435641419757397_n-2

Construction lighting has been installed in the Chandler Hall hallways while crews renovate the interior walls. BAILEY KIRKPATRICK / THE FLAT HAT

The Chandler Hall roof is newly tiled and the attic (pictured) will house a mechanical room for the residence hall. The attic will have a common area or residences. BAILEY KIRKPATRICK / THE FLAT HAT

The Chandler Hall roof is newly tiled and the attic (pictured) will house a mechanical room for the residence hall. The attic will have a common area or residences.
BAILEY KIRKPATRICK / THE FLAT HAT

In this photo, a construction crew member works on changing the piping to the energy towers on the Earl Gregg Swem Library roof. These updates will make room for an additional tower to will accommodate the new energy needs of the future ISC 3.  BAILEY KIRKPATRICK / THE FLAT HAT

In this photo, a construction crew member works on changing the piping to the energy towers on the Earl Gregg Swem Library roof. These updates will make room for an additional tower to will accommodate the new energy needs of the future ISC 3.
BAILEY KIRKPATRICK / THE FLAT HAT

The wooden boards connected to the side of the dug-out wall indicate steel poles connected to the ISC 2. The boards help ensure that these poles are not disturbed during the construction of the ISC 3. Disturbing the poles could destroy the foundation of the building.  BAILEY KIRKPATRICK / THE FLAT HAT

The wooden boards connected to the side of the dug-out wall indicate steel poles connected to the ISC 2. The boards help ensure that these poles are not disturbed during the construction of the ISC 3. Disturbing the poles could destroy the foundation of the building.
BAILEY KIRKPATRICK / THE FLAT HAT

10387397_10152821021227290_175336783704007538_n

Construction crews have been welding new railings to the Chandler Hall staircase so that it meets code requirements. The first floor of the residence hall will be wheelchair (or ADA) accessible. BAILEY KIRKPATRICK / THE FLAT HAT

Construction crews are retiling the roofs of Chandler Hall. BAILEY KIRKPATRICK / THE FLAT HAT

Construction crews are retiling the roofs of Chandler Hall.
BAILEY KIRKPATRICK / THE FLAT HAT

Presidential search enters second stage, releases leadership profile
Board of Visitors responds to DACA, DeVos speech: Future unclear for College’s policies following actions by Trump administration
Students discuss Charlottesville anniversary

• Bailey Kirkpatrick

Senior staff writer Bailey Kirkpatrick '15 is an international relations major from Ashburn, Virginia. She was previously Associate Variety Editor and Associate News Editor.