Chick-fil-A to move into Tribe Square for fall 2018

When classes resume for the fall 2018 semester, Tribe Square, which has been vacant since the eviction of The Crust Aug. 9, 2017, will have its first new resident: Chick-fil-A.

“Students have been asking for Chick-fil-A for some time, and I hope this shows we have been listening,” Executive Director of the William and Mary Real Estate Foundation Nancy Buchanan said in a press statement. “As soon as we heard there was an opportunity at Tribe Square, we began working to make this a reality.”

Chick-fil-A will move into Tribe Square’s Suite 101, formerly occupied by Pita Pit, and will be open Monday through Saturday. This location will accept Dining Dollars as well as William and Mary Express and will be open to the campus community as well as the public.

According to Matt Sullivan, who works for Chick-fil-A’s New Restaurant Growth department, said that Chick-fil-A is excited to join the College of William and Mary’s community.

“We are excited to join the William & Mary campus and look forward to serving students, staff and faculty great tasting food and remarkable service,” Sullivan said in a press statement.

This isn’t the first time Chick-fil-A products will be available on campus. Historically, Chick-fil-A sandwiches were available at Marketplace. Between the fall 2014 and spring 2015 semesters, these sandwiches were not an option for students, but returned in March 2015 to campus. However, after seven weeks where students could buy the sandwiches on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Dining Services discontinued the promotion because they found it to be unsustainable.

While it is not yet clear what the Real Estate Foundation will do with the remaining three vacant spaces, formerly home to restaurants including Mooyah, The Crust and Subway, Chick-fil-A will join campus dining options next academic year.

“We are excited to have Chick-fil-A join the William & Mary dining portfolio,” Dining Services Resident District Manager Jason Aupied said in a press statement. “The addition of a premium brand like Chick-fil-A will add value for our students by expanding their choice of dining options.”

2 COMMENTS

1. LOL, and did they vote Trump, discourage discarding human life as a triviality, and use petroleum products in their supply chain? I’m guessing yes. Don’t like that? Don’t eat it!