Lu leads Tribe to fourth place finish in the cold at Prospect Bay Intercollegiate

Freshman Emma Lu prepares to strike the ball during the Kingsmill Intercollegiate on Monday, March 28. COURTESY PHOTO // TRIBE ATHLETICS

William and Mary finished fourth at the Prospect Bay Intercollegiate this weekend in Grasonville, MD. The Tribe shot 321-321-307 to finish the weekend +85.

Freshman Emma Lu shot the best score for the Tribe, finishing with 77-79-78 to place ninth as an individual. She was one of only seven players to break 70 each round, and this tournament marks her second straight top 10 performance.

After fighting tough conditions on the first two days, four Tribe players managed to break 70 on the final day. Senior Sarah Houle finished 81-80-75 to finish just outside the top10. Her final round 75 marked the second best round of the field.

Despite some troubles on the second day, junior Mikah McDonnell shot an impressive 77 to finish the weekend +23. Senior redshirt Stephanie Guizar Diaz improved throughout the weekend, finishing 87-82-77.

Junior Cindy Zhou managed an even 80 on day two to contribute to the team score.

Dartmouth and Pennsylvania tied for first in the team competition at +67. Quinnipiac edged out William and Mary at +80 to place third.

The Tribe will head down to Southport, NC to play in the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) Championship at The Clubs at St. James from April 15-17.

Previous articleWilliam & Mary falls short on Senior Day, Jacobs leads Tribe with four goals
Next articleTribe hosts ECAC Championships, finishes third
Avatar photo
Jake Forbes is a junior at the College of William and Mary. He is double majoring in Government and Public Policy, but has a focus in health policy. In addition to serving as Managing Editor for the Flat Hat, Jake is the President of Club Golf and a member of club gymnastics. He has worked in journalism for nine years and previously served as Editor-in-Chief of the Newtonite, his high school newspaper. Hailing from Newton, MA, Jake is a proud Boston sports fan.